For the past two years, First United Methodist Church of Marietta has systematically worked through its lengthy Restore To Glory! project list. Today, all of the action items have been checked off.
In 2014, MFUMC’s Board of Trustees realized that a failed HVAC system could be symptomatic of a broader need to address the condition of the church’s 50-year old physical plant. After deliberating, the Board voted to embark on $2.4 million campus-wide update. Among the projects now completed are:
- The renovation of/upgrades to the Sanctuary, Family Life Hall, Reception Hall, Lower Room and Parlor
- Re-configuring and redecorating the Welcome Center
- Extensive plumbing repairs and retrofits as well as restroom updates
- Refurbishing environmental systems, including installing new air handlers, chillers and heat pumps
- Installing a state-of-the-art security system
- Paving all of the church’s parking lots and driveways
- Restoration work on the Rose Window
- New landscaping, including sprucing up Hodges Garden
- Purchasing two new mini-buses
- Painting the church’s exterior
For complete details about Restore To Glory! at First United Methodist Church of Marietta, please visit www.mfumcrestoretoglory.org.