How To Help in the Wake of Hurricanes Harvey & Irma
Currently, there are three opportunities to assist people in the areas Hurricanes Harvey and Irma devastated:
- Continue to remember the storm’s victims in your prayers.
- Make a donation to UMCOR, the United Methodist Committee on Relief. To donate online, please click here. You may also place a check (payable to MFUMC and marked UMCOR Hurricane Relief) in the offering plate or send it to MFUMC, 56 Whitlock Avenue, N.W., Marietta, GA 30064.
- Donate supplies. Please reference UMCOR’s list of supplies. There, you will also find instructions on how to assemble them. Other needed items are:
- Box fans (To dry out houses following flooding.)
- 25’ heavy duty 14-gauge extension cords (To move the fans around inside a home)
- 2 gallon garden sprayers (To fight mildew and mold)
- Flat billed shovels (Remove mud, wet carpet, pads, sheet rock insulation, etc.)
- Rakes with 3” tines (Remove tree limbs, leaves and muck from inside homes and yards)
- Wheel barrows (2 wheels, so they will not turn over going to the street)
You may bring these items to the church.
For more information, please e-mail Forrest Cate or call him at 770-429-7800, ext. 806.