Help support an orphanage in Ethiopia by donating new or gently used books to their library. Our mission team will be taking the books on an upcoming trip. Donation bins will be at the Welcome Center Reception Desk. Deadline to donate books is Monday, February 12.
How you can help:
• Children’s books and picture books
• popular fiction and nonfiction reading books (soft and hard cover).
• books that are 15 years old or newer.
• Please note, we will be traveling with these books, so paperback books are preferable.
Keep in mind that the students do not start learning english until the 4th grade
We will NOT be able to use:
• Magazines or journals of any kind, including academic journals.
• Home decorating or wedding books.
• Ethnocentric books, such as the biography of Abraham Lincoln or the history of Ohio.
• Foreign language books.
• American history or civics.
• Music books for K–12.
• Murder mysteries or anything with “kill,” “die,” “murder,” etc. in the title.