A new year begins…
As I start the new year and try to anticipate and plan for what the year will bring, I am struck by how grateful I am for the situation that I am in.
Some things that I am grateful for…
- A new challenge that seems uniquely fit for me—regional director of West Asia is a role that I am enjoying and feel ready to do with my skills and experience.
- The people I work with—they are a great group of people whom I admire and feel honored to work with. They have extended me much grace as I learn my new role. I also have a boss who is insightful, encouraging and just fun to talk to.
- Art—he has been encouraging and supportive.
- My partners—your faithfulness in praying and giving has helped carry me to this point. Thank you so much.
What’s ahead for the next few months…
I continue working on learning my role as a regional director. I am gaining background not only in getting to know my team and their work, but also in learning some of the history and culture of the region. I am getting a feel for where I need to focus my attention over the next year. I will be traveling 4 weeks out of the next 8 weeks. I will be meeting with staff and seeing the work close up, as well as learning more about what my role includes. I also have a chance to meet with some of our partner organizations.
Even though I’m facing the new year with a bit of apprehension…
There is lots of travel and planning to do and decisions to be made. There are many depending on me. A quick look back to remember how God has provided in the past, and a scan around me to see all that I am blessed with now, helps me look forward with a smile.
Thanking God for you,
- Pray for the travel in the next 2 months—lots of miles, time zones and meetings. Please pray for energy and good health even though it’s flu season.
- I need wisdom. There is a lot to learn and many people to get to know. I need to figure out how to best lead and encourage each one.
- Pray for Art. Pray that there won’t be any trouble or illness while I am gone.