The Bible promises parents in Proverbs 22:6 to “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.” The desire of our children’s ministry is to assist parents in teaching their children who Jesus is, so that they grow up in the knowledge of Him and ultimately are transformed in His image. To do this we provide fun, Christ-centered activities and opportunities for children nursery age through 5th grade.
We are also taught in Luke 10:27 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” Based on this, our mission is to teach children to “Love God, Love Others.” We weave this message into all that we do.
Preschool and Elementary Sunday School
10:10 a.m. | 3rd floor| Sanctuary Building
Sunday Fuse Worship
9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. | Fuse Box (Room 316)
“Whirl” curriculum teaches children lessons that follow scripture used in “big church” through stories, crafts, music, and games. 3K and 4K meet in the “Fuse Box” on the 3rd floor before Worship.
Preschoolers may be brought upstairs to Room 316 prior to the worship service. Kindergartners sit with their parents until the children’s sermon. Children will then leave the Sanctuary with the Fuse Worship leaders.
Ongoing Children’s Events
Fuse Sports, Parents Day Out, After Preschool Programs, Power 45, Bible Study
Annual Children’s Events
- Daddy/Daughter and Mother/Son Valentine’s Dances – The night includes keepsake photo, DJ, appetizers, dessert, and a candy buffet!
- Little Lambs Children’s Consignment Sale – Great prices on quality clothing, toys, furniture, and more.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Photo ops with the bunny, face painting, balloon animals, petting zoo, and a picnic follow the hunt. Lunch provided.
- Family Field Day – End the school year with old fashioned fun – field games, BINGO, picnic supper, Kona Ice, and pie-in-the-face.
- Vacation Bible School – Learn lessons about the Bible and God’s love in an engaging environment that includes drama, outdoor recreation, snacks and crafts.
- Summer Camps – Glisson Grow Day Camp, cooking, dance, tumble, martial arts, music and more.
- Power 45 Glisson Fall Retreat – Fourth and fifth graders grow their faith at beautiful Camp Glisson in the north Georgia mountains.
- Fall Festival – Costume contest, trunk and treating, games, jumpies, petting zoo, and cake walk!
- Created by God – A study of human sexuality with a Christian
foundation for 5th and 6th graders.
- Advent Workshop – Enjoy supper and music and make keepsake Advent decorations with family and friends.
- Parent’s Night Out – Let us entertain your children while you enjoy an evening out.
- Christmas Eve Children’s Services – December 24, 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Children become part of the Nativity story from Luke.