Our youth group at MFUMC is growing, and we need your help. We need adult volunteers to help out on Sunday nights in the following ways. Each role is essential on Sunday night and would be a huge help to the life of our Youth Ministry.
Snack Supper Providers
These volunteers provide the youth group with a light supper or heavy snack for approximately 45 students at 5:30 p.m. in the Reception Hall. Volunteers are assisted in setting up (at 5 p.m.), serving and cleaning up (around 6:30 p.m.). Paper products and drinks are provided by youth program. Reimbursement is available. Please return reimbursement forms with receipts to Jessica Ferguson.
Here are some example meals:
- Zaxby’s chicken fingers, chips and cookies
- Hispanic (Tacos, Nachos..)
- Sub sandwiches cut into small bites, chips & cookies
- Pancake supper
Snack Supper Volunteers
- Meets/touches base with Snack supper provider prior to Sunday they serve on.
- Assists Snack supper provider with locating paper products, kitchen items, and helps with any needs that come up throughout the night.
- Helps Snack Supper provider set up, serve, clean up meal.
- This person serves from 5-6:30 p.m.
- Greet students as they arrive to Lower Room.
- Assist in connecting new students to friends in similar grade, and making sure we have the new students’ contact information by having them fill out the MFUMC Fusion Visitor’s Card.
- Help to ensure that all students check in, collect Snack Supper money and give the sheet to Josh at the end of the night.
- Serve from 5:15-6:15 p.m. on Sunday evenings.
- Assist Youth Ministry staff in setting up of the evening activity.
- Hang out with the students before Fusion.
- Help and be active in the project. It could be an art project, a service project, or a game on the upper fields.
- We would like for this person to serve the entire FUSION SUNDAY time from 5:15 – 8 p.m.
With God’s help, we will so order our lives after the example of Christ that these children, surrounded by steadfast love, may be established in the faith, and confirmed and strengthened in the way that leads to life eternal.