How to Serve?
Our youth group at MFUMC is growing and we need your help. We need adult volunteers to help out on Sunday nights in the following ways. Each role is essential on Sunday night and would be a huge help to the life of our Youth Ministry.
Snack Supper Providers / Volunteers
These volunteers provide the youth group with a light supper or heavy snack for approximately 130 students and leaders at 5:30 p.m. in the Reception Hall. Paper products and drinks are provided by youth program. Volunteers are in charge of setup, prep, and cleanup. Reimbursement is available. Please return reimbursement forms with receipts to Jessica Ferguson. Here are some example meals:
• Zaxby’s chicken fingers, chips and cookies
• Spaghetti or Lasagna
• Subs and chips
• Breakfast for supper
• Greet students as they arrive to the Lower Room for Sunday School or the Family Life Hall for Fusion Worship
• Assist in connecting new students to friends in similar grade, and making sure we have the new students’ contact information by having them fill out the MFUMC Fusion Visitor’s Card.
• Serve from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Sunday Morning or 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday Evenings
Special Event Volunteers
• Assist Youth Ministry staff in setting up for Special Events (Rock the park, Retreats, Youth Sunday, etc)
• Engage students
• Help and be active in the project. It could be an art project, a service project, or a game on the upper field.
• We would like for this person to serve the entire FUSION SUNDAY time from 5:15 p.m – 8:00 p.m.
With God’s help, we will so order our lives after the example of Christ that these children, surrounded by steadfast love, may be established in the faith and confirmed and strengthened in the way that leads to life eternal.