Worship in the Park and Online
We have wonderful worship services planned throughout the month at 9 am in the Park and online at 9 and 11:15 am.
August 2 – Guest Musician, Dr. Oral Moses
August 9 – Rev. Brian Smith’s last Sunday. Rev. Brian will be preaching and there will be a Reception in the Pavillion from 10-11:30AM and Drive-thru Reception 1-2:30PM.
August 16 – School Year Blessings for Students, Teachers and Administrators
August 23 – Bluegrass Sunday
August 30 – Traditional Worship
We have a great asset with our church park, and we are excited to be able to use it for worship and other ministries. Medical Professionals in our church and in the community tell us that outdoor gatherings are significantly safer than indoor gatherings. Our clergy, staff, and Transition Team have worked to develop procedures so that our outdoor worship will mitigate risk and be a meaningful experience. Here are some highlights that we are asking each Sunday morning:
- Please let us know you are coming by Clicking Here or by calling the church office.
- If you are a higher-risk individual or do not feel comfortable yet, we encourage you to stay home and join us for an excellent online worship at 9AM and 11:15AM.
- We ask that you wear a mask at least until you are seated in the park. If you don’t have a mask, we can provide for you. It is recommended that children age 3 and up also wear masks.
- Bring your own chair or blanket and a cup of coffee or tea but please, no food.
- When you arrive, stop by one of the attendance tents to tell them your name so we know that you are present.
- Please stay 6 feet apart from other households at all times, and find a spot to sit that is 6 feet away from other households. This is an act of love for others and concern for the health and safety of everyone, especially those who may be more vulnerable.
- As much as we want to, no high-fives, handshakes, or hugs.
- Please stay home if you do not feel well, have a temperature, or are displaying any other symptoms of the virus.
- There will be limited restroom availability.
- Dress casually!
*Seating is first come, first serve every Sunday.
As there are needs for additional services to accommodate greater participation,
we are committed to creating those opportunities and we will keep you updated through the month of August. We know that the earlier service will be more comfortable given the hot August summer days here in Georgia.
We know that there has been a lot of change and uncertainty in our lives over the last several months. Even still, the ministry continues on! God is still at work, and we encourage you to hold on to the hope that God is with us always.