Join us in serving our community through our Local Day of Service 2020.
The date has been CHANGED to November 7th, to allow the projects to be held inside the church facility.
There are opportunities for all ages, and this is a great way to serve and be in the community!
The Local Day of Service will consist of the following projects;
- No-Sew Blankets
- Good Samaritan Health Care Kits
- Visitation to a church member at their home off-campus.
- Holiday Care Packages for Soldiers
Register to attend, click here.
Materials are being collected for the Soldier Care Packages, click here to sign up to donate. Also, Supply a name and address of a family member, friend or neighbor serving in the military to receive a care package. Email Karen Williams in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still collecting items for Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb Health Kits to fit inside a gallon sized zip lock bag, that will be packed on the Local Day of Service. The goal this year is to make 100 bags. Drop off supplies to the collection bins at the Welcome Center of the church. Click here for the list of items being collected. The following items are low on donations: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, lotion, deodorant, dental floss, notepad.
Volunteers are asked to follow the CDC’s and the church Transition Team guidelines.
It is recommended that you DO NOT participate in this effort if you:
1) If you have a fever or any of the symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
For the CDC’s list of symptoms https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
2) Are an older adult.
3) Are an adult of any age with chronic medical conditions.
4) Are experiencing respiratory illness symptoms (e.g.fever, cough, shortness of breath)
5) Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or
6) Have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
In an effort to manage the size of our volunteer group, it is limited to only those who signed up. Please do not come if you are not able to secure a time slot.
Please bring a MASK with you to wear while volunteering.
Hand Sanitizer will be available to use.
Social Distancing will be practiced during this event.