Good news! Good news!
Throughout the summer and entering the fall, the FUMC Transition Team has been actively working to develop policies, procedures and protocols that would guide our ability to safely resume certain church activities within public health guidelines. Currently this includes options to stream worship services from home and attend in person outdoors in our beautiful park setting. A recent survey of nearly 400 FUMC members showed opinions and preferences for worship during the pandemic continue to vary significantly. During these challenging times, FUMC is committed to meeting church members where they are and providing reasonable worship options to the congregation to ensure the largest percentage of people stay connected to the church.
Beginning this Sunday, October 18, FUMC will resume one in-person worship in the Sanctuary at 9:00 a.m. only. With cooling temperatures, Worship in the Park will transition to 11:15 a.m. this Sunday. Live streaming will continue at both 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. At this time, Sunday School classes will continue to meet outside the church buildings.
With your safety in mind, the 9:00 a.m. worship in the sanctuary will be slightly different. If you are planning to attend, please review the following policies and procedures for your safety and the safety of others. We greatly appreciate your patience with these new policies and procedures. Additional information is available via the church website or you may contact the church offices.
However you feel comfortable worshipping with us, we look forward to seeing you Sunday!
The FUMC Transition Team
- The congregation is encouraged to register plans to attend via the church website.
- Family and household units shall worship and sit together and are encouraged to arrive together for seating.
- Nursery will be available for those up to age 5.
- Childcare reservations are required for both the 9:00 a.m. inside Nursery and the 11:15 playground Nursery.
- The outside playground will be used for Nursery during 11:15 a.m. worship in the park
- Face coverings will be required inside the facility (Children under 3 are not required to wear masks).
- Elevator use will be limited to 2 unrelated persons or one family unit (we encourage the stairs for those that are able).
- Signage on all restroom doors and the Narthex Soothing room will indicate the number of people allowed in the space at one time.
- There will be four entrances to the church manned with Greeters to allow for Check In
- Welcome Center/Family Life Hall entrance
- Weekday School Entrance
- Main Sanctuary Doors/Narthex
- Nursery Entrance (for families with children in the nursery and those using the upper handicap parking lot)
Entering the Building
- Greeters will be present to assist you.
- There will be no valet parking at this time.
- Golf cart shuttles will be available.
- Masks will be available if needed along with hand sanitation stations at each entrance.
- Food and coffee will not be served or allowed into the sanctuary.
Entering the Sanctuary and Seating
- Entry will be through the Narthex doors and Chancel doors
- Doors for worship will open 30 minutes prior to the 9:00 a.m. service
- Those entering from the hallway into the chancel doors will be seated using the side aisle.
- Those entering from the Narthex will be seated using the center aisle.
- Ushers will ask worshippers to move to the center of the pew so available seating can be accessed from the aisle.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be maintained in pews between family groups/individuals.
- Every other pew will be used.
Exiting the Sanctuary
- Ushers will assist in unseating at the end of the service
- Groups are asked not to linger or gather inside the Sanctuary, Narthex, or hallways as they exit the church buildings.
- The Chapel will serve as an overflow area if the Sanctuary is at capacity
- The Reception Hall will also be available as needed.