Parents Day Out
Parents Day Out is open! See below for our Covid safety policies.
- All children are required to have an annual registration on file and up to date immunizations.
- Please fill out annual registration and pay $20 per family: PDO 2021
- Once online registration is complete you can make a reservation at: PDO Scheduling
Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday – Friday, and the cost is $7/hour. We accept credit/debit cards and checks, and payment is collected by PDO staff each day. Ages 8 weeks to kindergarten are welcome. Drop-ins are accepted if space is available, but reservations are highly recommended. If this is your first time to use our Parents Day Out program please fill out the annual registration form above. There is a $20 annual fee per family.
Lunch is served daily at 11:15. Please send a lunch with your child with no nut products; sun butter or other alternatives to nut butters are fine. Marshmallows are not allowed in the PDO/nursery area.
MFUMC has an exemption from the State of Georgia not to be licensed, because children are not in our Parent’s Day Out program for more than 4 hours/day for a maximum of 8 hours/week. The church does carry liability insurance for all of our programs.
- Daily temperature check of PDO participants (no-touch thermometers)
- Daily health screening
- All adults must wear masks for drop off and pick up
- Church staff will wear masks
- Parents will drop off and pick up in the lobby, staff will walk children to and from classrooms
- Children age 3 and up are encouraged to wear masks
- Bathrooms will be wiped after each use
- One child at a time in bathroom
- Tables and chairs wiped throughout the day
- No shared snacks
- Soft toys and accessories have been removed from rooms
- Bedding washed daily
- Used toys placed in bin and washed before re-use
- Children’s hands washed upon arrival and throughout the day
- Staff will wash their hands frequently
- Seating set up to enhance social distancing
- Due to increased cost of cleaning and staffing, PDO rates are
Church Nursery is Open
We love babies and toddlers and provide excellent nursery care during Worship, Sunday School, and some other church activities. Children are welcome in worship too, but if you choose to use the nursery, you can feel secure that your child is in loving hands!
The nursery is located below the sanctuary in building B on the first level. At the registration desk, you will need to fill out a registration form (one-time only) and print a security name tag for each child, along with labels for any bottles, cups or diaper bags.
Sunday Nurseries, Birth–3 years
8:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Nursery Hall
Our infant and toddler nurseries are staffed with experienced childcare workers. Background checks are performed on all staff, and there is always someone on the nursery hall qualified in CPR, and trained in fire and bad weather procedures. We use sanitary protocol for diaper changes, and toys are washed at the end of the day.
Our 2-year-olds enjoy a Sunday School experience with age appropriate lessons and activities. The lessons follow the same scripture used in preschool, elementary and “big church.”
Children who are 3 by 9/1 of the current school year and fully potty trained are welcome in the children’s area, 3rd floor of building B.
Helpful Nursery Hints
- Be consistent with your church attendance. Your child will learn that church is a fun place to be if they come weekly, and this will make the separation from parents easier.
- Do not be discouraged – crying is normal. Most of the time the crying does not last long. Reassure your child that you will be back, and trust that the nursery workers will nurture your child.
- Prepare your child before you come to church. Remind your child how much fun they are going to have playing with toys and their friends and learning about Jesus. “Talk-up” the setting in a positive upbeat manner.
- God cares about your child. Pray about your concerns and remember, never be afraid to ask questions and make suggestions. Please feel free to ask anytime you have questions or concerns.
Food & SnacksNursery staff cannot feed children meals (church policy). Infants will be fed bottles as requested, but they must be prepared by the parent. Toddlers and preschoolers will be served a snack with water. Please let us know if your child has any food allergies.
Soothing Room: For Our Youngest Worshipers
We have a soothing room available during 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. worship services in the foyer of the Sanctuary, ask an usher for directions. Rooms are furnished with Brumby Rockers, changing table and supplies, and you can watch worship live on TV.